6 Key Steps for Standards-Based Learning
May 15, 2018 at 8 am PT / 10 am CT / 11 am ET
Speaker: Garnet Hillman, Educational Consultant: Hillman Consulting and Author of “Standards Based Learning In Action” and “The Grade Cleanse”
Standards-based learning (SBL) is an innovation in education that focuses on learning and helps increase achievement. In this webinar, Garnet Hillman will share key steps to effectively set-up your standards-based learning initiative. Garnet Hillman is an educational consultant and author who works with schools and educators to improve instruction, assessment, and grading practices.
HEAR THESE KEY LEARNING POINTS:
- What practices need to change
- Impact of behavioral grading
- Considerations for determining standards
- The basics of unpacking standards
- How to use formative and summative assessments
- The essentials of proficiency levels, record keeping, and clear communication
You will also learn about TeacherEase, industry-leading software to help implement and assist comprehensive standards-based learning programs.
Feel free to share with your colleagues.